Open Forum

Dexter Digital Display Not Accurate with Dial Wash Timer

• 1.  Dexter Digital Display Not Accurate with Dial Wash Timer

Posted 13 days ago
    I have a 55lb Dexter washer that is approximately 12 years old.  The digital display is dual purpose as it shows how many quarters is required for a wash and then becomes the minute countdown display for the wash from begin to end.

I had a customer call today and say the wash had been in a rinse/agitation mode for over 30 minutes, the digital display was stuck at 14 minutes, and it would not advance to the next cycle.  When I arrived at the laundromat, I opened the top and turned the dial timer manually to advance it so it would spin and extract allowing my customer to remove their clothes for drying.

My first thought was that something was stuck in the drain valve not allowing it to close all the way keeping the washer in the rinse cycle or that the atmospheric pressure tube that extends from the bottom of the pressure switch to the tub was clogged.  I removed both and all was clean, clear, and appeared to be okay.

I ran the machine immediately again once the clothes were removed and this time the digital display started at 23 minutes as normal, held there for about 3 minutes, then dropped to 22 minutes.  About 2 minutes later, the digital displayed then dropped to 20 minutes, 17 minutes, 16 minutes, 8 minutes, 4 minutes, and then 2 minutes ... all within a 5 minute period of time.  Additionally, all the while the washer was cycling normally and dial timer to still performing as normal and completed the wash in the 23 minutes of time as normal.  The digital display is just way off on counting down time and randomly jumps down minutes very quickly.  For some reason the digital display went to zero while the dial timer was still at the 4 o'clock position and still in the first wash after the pre-wash.

Anyone dealt with this before?  I only had this laundromat a short time and inherited these Dexters within the sale which I'm not overly impressed with so far.  My SQ washers at my other store don't misbehave like these do!  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    Ronald Schnabel
    Owner
    Lodi, California
    Get the most out of your laundromat with FasCard - December 2019

• 2.  RE: Dexter Digital Display Not Accurate with Dial Wash Timer

Posted 13 days ago
    Ronald,
    I have 14 year old Dexter washers-WCN Series. Several times, I had the same problem you have., The wash cycle would take forever, as the digital display (Coin Accumulator board) is stuck at a time. Swap out the coin accumulator board with a working washer. Mountain electronics repairs them for about $65.

Jim Rumczikas
    Multi-Store Owner
    Dallas TX

• 3.  RE: Dexter Digital Display Not Accurate with Dial Wash Timer

Posted 11 days ago
    Ronald, Jim, & others,

Is there a way to keep the total coins added showing on the display & program out the time remaining?  Especially if these or other washers show the relative position of the entire cycle via a dial to the customer.  I remember a thread a while back that downplayed the need to show extra precise digital display of "time remaining" specifically on washing machines that typically are delayed if there happens to be a slow fill time (lower city water pressure event) &/or a slight temporary drain issue etc.

Way back when ... we had some of the earlier Dexters before yours that were on a timer that would not be affected by any fill or drain issues.  Not sure if any washers in the last 15 years still had that type of simplicity.

MICHAEL WALSH www.kingkoin.com
    King Koin Laundry, Car n Dog Wash
    Bismarck ND