Open Forum

Folding Tables

• 1.  Folding Tables

Posted 13 days ago
    Where do you folks get good quality self service coin-laundry folding tables??

------------------------------
    Rodney Lloyd
    Rodney Lloyd Person
    Scottsboro AL

• 2.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 13 days ago
    Edited by Joe C. 13 days ago
    Here's some photos and prices from my local distributor.

https://www.pwslaundry.com/c-127779-laundry-supplies-laundromat-furniture.html

My folding tables are custom built from 1-1/4" MDF and laminated.  This is probably the most durable option but it will be the most expensive too.  I don't bat an eyelash when I see people sitting on the folding tables.  I do it myself too after a tough day.

Joe C.
    Store Owner
    Happy Bubbles Laundromat
    North Hollywood, CA
    www.BubblesCoin.com

• 3.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 13 days ago
    Joe,

Great folding tables....especially for the price.

Have you ever considered Granite or Quartz folding tables? These will impress the heck out of nearly all your customers (especially the germaphobes).
    Yes, they are expensive, but they will outlast your grandchildren. If you amortize the expense over the years, the extra price is small, but the extra business they bring will be great, making these materials pay for themselves many times over.

Paulie B
    Multiple Mat Owner since 1976
    New York City, NY

• 4.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 13 days ago
    the quartz/ granite option seems like a great one

Rodney Lloyd
    Rodney Lloyd Person
    Scottsboro AL

• 5.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 13 days ago
    I bet they wipe down easy and look great

Rodney Lloyd
    Rodney Lloyd Person
    Scottsboro AL

• 6.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 13 days ago
    I've seen laminate that looks like granite. It's amazingly realistic. I'd probably re-laminate before buying real stone table tops.

I do agree that stone does look nice.  This past summer I learned how to laminate and use a router.  I built some walls surrounding two new machines I purchased. It came out great.  I was so excited to be a finish carpenter!  I used the spare materials and built a two person bench for the customers.  I'll take some photos tonight and post them tomorrow.  You'll be impressed.

Now that I know how to laminate I've been thinking about re-laminating the surfaces.  After 15+ years the laminate is starting to wear out.  Maybe next year I'll tackle this project.

Joe C.
    Store Owner
    Happy Bubbles Laundromat
    North Hollywood, CA
    www.BubblesCoin.com

• 7.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Larry Larsen 9 days ago
    The Formica adhesive sold in California was changed some years ago (just like the paint) and necessitates a trip to Arizona for those who want the better quality glue.

I'd like to hear about the process used to apply new Formica over existing Formica. I've never had any of our contractors offer that option.  They claim it can't provide a long term bond. I'd love to learn something new.

Larry Larsen
    Laundromat123.com
    Anaheim, CA
    Distributor - Insurance - Consulting
    Cell: (714) 390-9969

• 8.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 9 days ago
    Larry,

They also changed Thomson's Water Seal. It used to be great. Now it's garbage.

Paulie B
    Multiple Mat Owner since 1976
    New York City, NY

• 9.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 12 days ago
    In my last store, I custom built them.  Your experience may vary, but I found it roughly the same cost as buying pre-fab ones.  This also helps with challenging spaces or corners.  You could also have a 500 person sit on them and they will hold up fine.  Good luck.

Paul Kludt
    Multi Store Owner
    Lake Worth Coin Laundry
    West Palm Beach, FL

• 10.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 13 days ago
    Great stuff

GODFATHER

• 11.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 12 days ago
    Here's a few photos of my folding tables, the walls I built for my new 40# machines (formerly in the place of two ugly Milnor's), and the bench I built with spare wood and laminate from the project.

Joe C.
    Store Owner
    Happy Bubbles Laundromat
    North Hollywood, CA
    www.BubblesCoin.com

• 12.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 12 days ago
      |   view attached
    ​We have two locations and installed custom made granite top/steel frame folding tables in both locations. Our first location has been operating for 10 years now and the folding tables look like new. They are super easy to keep clean, customers love them and the return on investment makes pre-fab, factory built tables feel like disposables. Not saying everyone should follow this route but we wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck.

Jay Johnson
    Owner
    Snohomish Laundry Company
    Snohomish, WA

• 13.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 11 days ago
    Jay those are awesome. is that stained concrete floor??

• 14.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 11 days ago
    Robert:

Yes, the floor is stained concrete. Holds up nicely.​

Jay Johnson
    Owner
    Snohomish Laundry Company
    Snohomish, WA

• 15.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 12 days ago
    This is all we use.

Rob Bodner
    President
    EFR Inc/ The Laundromat Guys
    Park Ridge, NJ

• 16.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 12 days ago
    Robert,

Size, materials, manufacturer?

Larry Adamski
    Muskegon Laundromat
    Spring Lake MI

• 17.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 12 days ago
    I'm also curious where you get those Rob. They look really nice in the picture!

Dave Menz
    Queen City Laundry Chain
    Cincinnati, OH

• 18.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 11 days ago
    The size is 24 x 48 typically. We essentially are the manufacturers as we fabricate the steel legs separately and the stone is fabricated locally to our specs. They are very expensive but worth it.  Typically, we have outsourced most products other than machines and payment systems as I think the typical industry sources are tired and dated in look. Thx for the compliment.

Rob Bodner
    President
    Park Ridge, NJ

• 19.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 11 days ago
    Those look awesome. nice looking place also

• 20.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 11 days ago
    Thank you for the compliment. This is our little corner and or take of the industry. If possible, we try to make the finished store look like a higher end retail product to deliver a better experience for the end user. Many laundromat owners  here don't feel this way. It's just my take from building stores since 1995 to try and do something different with better products. Most people disagree which is fine. Thx again.

Rob Bodner
    President
    Park Ridge, NJ

• 21.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 11 days ago
    Hello Rob,

I like the tables. I have two laundromats in Central NJ. Could you share where to you have the legs made and who supplies the table tops? Also, pricing?

Ray Benoist
    Ray Benoist
    Toms River NJ

• 22.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi Ray. I know this doesn't seem "neighborly" but we keep this proprietary and only supply these to laundromats we do. I apologize. But we had an engineer do drawings for us and we have components built to our spec. Thx

• 23.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 10 days ago
      |   view attached
    We have stainless steel tables. Some I bought from a restaurant supply and one I had made to cover a Formica table that was custom fabricated by my dad. I had corners bent and welded. I carved cut outs for poles and glued down with contact construction glue.

Harry Pruyn
    Solano Cleaning Center
    1219 Solano Ave.
    Albany, Ca
    510 524-0254

• 24.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 11 days ago
    Robert that is one of the most stylish Laundries I have ever seen. You sure make sure there are enough buggies in there also!! awesome place.!

• 25.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 10 days ago
    I have a small unattended Laundromat; we have 4 folding tables built of 2x4s and 3/4" plywood tops painted with porch/deck paint. They are 15 years old look great, you can sit, stand and jump on them! We repaint them every couple years.
    Thanks

Randy Perise
    The Wash House
    Ponchatoula LA

• 26.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 9 days ago
    https://www.webstaurantstore.com/advance-tabco-tkag-306-30-x-72-16-gauge-open-base-stainless-steel-commercial-work-table-with-5-backsplash/109TKAG306.html

Robert Maes
    Express Laundry Texas #1
    Houston TX

• 27.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 9 days ago
    Robert M, Harry, & others,

We have looked at the local restaurant supply tables & we have done other projects with a really appearance conscious local stainless steel fabricator so we are leaning towards stainless.  The same person who custom built our dog wash tubes. It appears that the local restaurant supply will work with us on a discounted price since we will have added cost modifying their existing well built tables.  Because of our layout we are pretty much stuck with mounting folding counters along two walls.  Our single pocket dryers work in our favor in some ways because its seems people are OK with folding & hanging to our rack R&B carts in front of our dryers.  We do have a configuration where it juts out in the middle of the one folding counters.  We are not satisfied with the way the formica on that newer counter turned out ... we did not use enough glue or Menards formica was cheaper quality or something.

At 3:16 into the below Facebook Video around half of the protruding out folding-counter-bench etc. shows:   https://www.facebook.com/kingkoinbismarck/videos/2071997879717446/
    It also shows some of the relatively new formica starting to come off.

Michael Walsh www.kingkoin.com
    King Koin Laundry, Car n Dog Wash
    Bismarck ND

• 28.  RE: Folding Tables

Posted 6 days ago
    I also bought pre fabricated food grade SS tops and tables.  They are working out really well.  Note that SS is bacteriostatic, meaning that germs won't multiply on the surfaces.  SS won't kill germs, but it won't allow them to multiply either.  A clean dry rag is generally all you need to clean them.

Jim Allen
    VIP Laundry
    Orange CA

VIP LaundryVIP LaundryJimAllenVIP LaundryVIP Laundry