Open Forum

I need my laundry back right away in 3 hours! Then they don't show up.

• 1.  I need my laundry back right away in 3 hours! Then they don't show up.

Posted 02-08-2019 12:24
    How many times have you guys gotten a drop-off customer who demands they have their laundry back right away.

"I'm leaving for Europe tonight and I HAVE to have this back in 3 hours".
    So you struggle to let this customer jump in front of the Queue, only to find they never came back for their laundry when they demanded.

With those customers, you can charge a "rush charge", but many times, they STILL don't show up.

Then there are the ones who don't show up for weeks or months to retrieve their laundry.
    You try to call them to remind them, but then you discover they gave you a fake phone number.

------------------------------
    Paulie B
    Multiple Mat Owner since 1976
    New York City, NY

• 2.  RE: I need my laundry back right away in 3 hours! Then they don't show up.

Posted 02-08-2019 15:23
    Thank you all. I now have another entry for "pros and cons" of WDF or Fluff and Fold. I believe "first in, first out" should be the rule of the house.

Larry Larsen
    Laundromat123.com
    Anaheim, CA
    Distributor - Insurance - Consulting
    Cell: (714) 390-9969

• 3.  RE: I need my laundry back right away in 3 hours! Then they don't show up.

Posted 02-08-2019 15:48
    ​I have that happen many times, the way we eliminate problems is I make them pay upfront & pay an extra upcharge for the rush service & within 30 days no show we donate clothes to goodwill. That is also written on the WDF ticket.
    I also contract out my WDF

Mike B
    Multi Store Owner
    Sunny Palm Harbor Florida

• 4.  RE: I need my laundry back right away in 3 hours! Then they don't show up.

Posted 02-09-2019 16:58
    I have this sign posted on my front door.

ATTENTION

WASH/DRY/FOLD CUSTOMERS

All items left at the Laundromat over 10 days will be charged a storage fee of $1.00 per day per bag.  After 30 days items will be donated to the Salvation Army.  I will call you at least twice to remind you that your laundry is ready for pick up.  I am a small Laundromat and do not have room to store orders for extended periods of time.  My staff and I appreciate your business and will make every effort to have your laundry ready on time and to your satisfaction.

Thank you

Laura Ridley
    Owner
    Laura's Laundromat
    Mustang, OK