Open Forum

Soiled laundry

• 1.  Soiled laundry

Posted 9 days ago
    Have an elderly customer for wash and fold. The last 2 times she had clothes brought in for her a couple pairs of pants were heavily soiled with feces. How should this be handled with customer without embarrassing them?

Bill
    Sent from my iPhone

• 2.  RE: Soiled laundry

Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Aaron Simmons 9 days ago
    We have some customers like this and we explain that any orders that require multiple washings to come clean we charge a different rate for our wash and fold service.  It's rare that someone complains when you charge them more when the laundry is in that condition.

------------------------------
    Aaron Simmons
    Laundromat Owner
    Wash & Fold Software Consultant
    www.CurbsideLaundries.com

• 3.  RE: Soiled laundry

Posted 9 days ago
    Thank you for the information. This is another issue to add to my pros and cons list of advising new owners in operating WDF or Fluff and Fold.

Your workers are not going to like "heavily soiled" pants but I did come into the industry when Laundromat handled lots of heavily soiled clothes. We called them baby diapers.

Without hurting her feelings, and respecting the elderly, slip a box of paper undies in her next load of clothes she has washed by you.

Normally the stains and debris of life are seen on underwear, not pants. Unusual for feces, not stains, to be delivered for you to wash.

Larry Larsen
    Laundromat123.com
    Anaheim, CA
    Distributor - Insurance - Consulting
    Cell: (714) 390-9969