Open Forum

Theft in San Diego

• 1.  Theft in San Diego

Posted 08-07-2019 21:36
    I do a rev share with a guy who puts video games and gum balls in my store, he let me know this morning that someone stole his machine!  I really don't pay much attention to them which is probably why I'd didn't notice it missing right away.

Clearly not the smartest guys in town considering I have cameras everywhere in my store.

posting here so any other local stores can be in the lookout.

------------------------------
    Brian Clune
    Brian Clune Person
    San diego CA
    Maytag - Sponsored Webinar September 17, 2019

• 2.  RE: Theft in San Diego

Posted 08-08-2019 10:26
    Edited by DEWARD STOUT 08-08-2019 10:27
    Brian;

You need to post a sign and enforce it by not having persons sitting on your folding tables. :)

DEWARD STOUT
    Hurricane Laundromat & Storage
    Hurricane UT

• 3.  RE: Theft in San Diego

Posted 08-08-2019 20:14
    Edited by LARRY LARSEN 08-08-2019 21:04
    The owner of the gum ball type vendors should have chained them to the bulkhead at floor level. Your rev-partner seems to be new to this business.

Did you report this as a theft? If so, is there now a report in the official records discoverable by an insurance underwriter? Are you now obligated to report this as a crime on any future insurance application? Nuts.

Did you consider this removal might have been a result of a repossession, business dispute or partnership breakup. No attempt was made by the alleged thief to cover his face. He removed it in full view of several customers using a folding dolly of the type used by vendor installers. Unusual?

There is not enough money in gum ball type vendors to make them frequent subjects of attack. Keep the tape, but remember, an assumption of theft is not always the final story.

Larry Larsen
    Laundromat123.com
    Anaheim, CA
    Distributor - Insurance - Consulting
    Cell: (714) 390-9969

• 4.  RE: Theft in San Diego

Posted 08-12-2019 14:23
    Brian,

Your alert is appreciated as a service to help keep San Diego a nice place to live and do biz.

Like Larry mentioned, the vending machine should have been secured to prevent 1. injury from tipping over, 2. theft. It may behoove you to place the responsibility of the unsecured machine on the vendor.

Now I just have to upgrade my camera system to a nicer one like yours.

David

DavidKeith