Open Forum

New face for pylon sign

• 1.  New face for pylon sign

Posted 08-16-2019 16:24
    I have been working with a local sign company to get a new and larger face put on my pylon sign.  The face is about 5.5' by 10'.  I have the business name in a relatively small font on the first line followed by the word Laundromat spread out in a ridiculously large font.  In the corner I have a wifi logo.  At the bottom I am thinking of the words "(City's Name) Nicest!" in an italic cursive font.  My question is if any of you have an issues with proclaiming myself as the nicest in the city?  It's true - which of course is my opinion.  But it's an honest opinion...

------------------------------
    Shawn Ray
    Store Owner
    Janesville, WI
    Join CLA - Enjoy Membership Benefits

• 2.  RE: New face for pylon sign

Posted 08-16-2019 21:23
    I wouldn't put too much on the large exterior signs for your store.  Remember the song John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith?  Just plain John works better.

John's Nationally Famous Barbecue And Other Meats Cooked To Perfection By John Jacon Jingleheimer Smith, Proprietor is a little too wordy.
    How about:

John's Barbecue or Meats & Barbecue or John's Restaurant. Which of the four choices tells people what business is at that location.

Your name, your logo and your proclamations can be included in your interior signs. Keep it simple on the outside.

Larry Larsen
    Laundromat123.com
    Anaheim, CA
    Distributor - Insurance - Consulting
    Cell: (714) 390-9969

• 3.  RE: New face for pylon sign

Posted 08-17-2019 05:22
    My current place has large lettering with the word laundromat. My last place had a sign that said laundry. At both places the actual name is still outside but not in your face up front. Just today a woman ask the name of my business while she was on the phone. Now she has been coming in for ten years.

Curt Harrington

• 4.  RE: New face for pylon sign

Posted 08-19-2019 12:35
    Edited by Chris Mallam 08-19-2019 12:35
    I don't think the name really matters.  When people call to ask for directions or hours (because they cant read google) or have a problem, they always give me the street name instead.

Chris Mallam
    Norfolk VA