Open Forum

Rude, Cold or what?

• 1.  Rude, Cold or what?

Posted 08-12-2019 18:36
    I posted a new message seeking some used equipment and it gets deleted, censored, placed in the circular file or wherever. It is gone and there was no courtesy notice or caring message from the powers about their sincere interest in good housekeeping. I placed a similar message in the classified however that section sees low traffic and very little seems to happens there.

So, my question is how do you feel about the censorship here and how may it affect your present and future participation? There have been a few instances over the last couple of years where a valued member of this brain trust have abandoned ship and I can certainly understand their feelings.

Having messages deleted without notice and consideration certainly makes me pause and wonder about things and such that have been so prominent in the hi tech news of late.

David

------------------------------
    DavidKeith
    Join CLA - Enjoy Membership Benefits

• 2.  RE: Rude, Cold or what?

Posted 08-12-2019 22:38
    At one time there was a classified section.  I don't think this part of the forum allows buying/selling, check the rules.

Timothy Foster
    Multi-
    Timothy Foster Person
    Toledo

• 3.  RE: Rude, Cold or what?

Posted 08-13-2019 00:04
    Whether you feel slightest because you didn't receive a notice is irrelevant. You know this section of the forum is not the place to place ads for your benefit, even if the traffic is slow at the equipment sales portion.

You knowingly break the rules and then blame the "powers" for enforcing their rules. Not fair to the powers, but you are having a normal reaction.

Personally I don't want to review post after post on this section of the forum about used equipment. If I want to see items for sale I go to Craig's List, EBay or the section of this forum provided for sales of equipment.

It's like you cut into line at Disneyland and you're mad because the ride attendant sent you to the back of the line. You make great contributions, you enjoy the forum, so don't let a minor rap on the knuckles cause you bitterness and resentment. Peace.

Larry Larsen
    Laundromat123.com
    Anaheim, CA
    Distributor - Insurance - Consulting
    Cell: (714) 390-9969