Open Forum

Horizon Rubber Clothes Deflector Question

• 1.  Horizon Rubber Clothes Deflector Question

Posted 08-09-2019 19:20
    We have 9ea SQ Gravity Drain Horizon's.  The 3/4 circle rubber clothes deflectors pop off past their several screw heads occasionally.  I assume this is from overloading.  Does anyone install a slightly larger "star" type washer against the rubber before they screw the bolt down to get an extra grip on the rubber to keep it from slipping past the screw head under overload conditions.

Wondering if it would just tear the rubber or possibly if there is another trick of the trade to use to keep these in place.

------------------------------
    LES MONTHEI
    MT VIEW LAUNDROMAT
    LAKEHEAD CA
    Join CLA - Enjoy Membership Benefits

• 2.  RE: Horizon Rubber Clothes Deflector Question

Posted 08-10-2019 01:16
    They occasionally get pulled off of the screws when snagged by a large load being removed.  A similiar length screw with a larger button head such as a cabinet screw should remedy the problem.  The deflector is a poor solution to a poor design.  The solution to socks getting caught is in the manual.  Use mesh laundry bags.  I bet if Alliance disclosed this information, they wouldn't have sold as many.

Chris Mallam
    Norfolk VA

• 3.  RE: Horizon Rubber Clothes Deflector Question

Posted 08-10-2019 12:26
    I had 10 of them nothing but problems. The term junk comes to mind. Not for laundromat use..if I didn't have the 5 year warranty for free parts it was have been an even worse disaster. I sold them at a very deep discount

Peter Arancio
    Owner Operator
    Williams Wash House
    Salinas,Ca

• 4.  RE: Horizon Rubber Clothes Deflector Question

Posted 08-10-2019 13:49
    Guys:  Thanks for the info...I will pick up some larger SS button head bolts to install.

Peter:  I have had 3 sets of Gravity Drain Horizon's with pretty good luck.  No doubt they have their issues, and if I was in a 7 tpd market, I would likely have to give up the convenience of the removable Horizon's for a hard mount.  So far, the customers keep them turning and the complaints are few.

LES MONTHEI
    MT VIEW LAUNDROMAT
    LAKEHEAD CA