Open Forum

washing machine makes noise

• 1.  washing machine makes noise

Posted 08-09-2019 12:23
      |   view attached
    good morning,

one of my washing machine makes a very high noise. please check the attachment. if anyone has any suggestions please me know.
    thank you

------------------------------
    Billy A

Maytag - Sponsored Webinar September 17, 2019

• 2.  RE: washing machine makes noise

Posted 08-09-2019 13:35
    I had a Dexter 80# that made a sound similar to yours; and also started to vibrate. I found that one of the bolts broke.

Jim Rumczikas
    Multi-Store Owner
    Dallas TX

• 3.  RE: washing machine makes noise

Posted 08-09-2019 16:27
    Stick your head in there with a bright flashlight and look for something in basket holes. Turn drum slowly and see where noise is coming from. If you can't hear or see anything without machine running then you should look at the bearings or mountings.

CHRIS MIRISCIOTTA
    Canon Coin Laundry
    Canonsburg PA

• 4.  RE: washing machine makes noise

Posted 08-09-2019 19:23
    I had the same problem on one of my 2 loaders. The Dexter service techs came out and stuck foam between the drum and the side of the machine. I could have saved them a trip if I knew that.

Peter H. Mayberry
    Anytime Laundry
    Omaha, NE

• 5.  RE: washing machine makes noise

Posted 08-10-2019 12:55

This machine is likely loose in the floor.  I've seen and fixed it too many times to count, often times removing and re-installing the machine..  Sometimes I have found cracked or broken steel mounting bases.​ If a service tech stuffed foam inside or around one of my machines to stop a vibration, I'd send him packing and find someone else.  Unfortunately, there are many  out there who don't understand the principle of vibration.

I saw a loose Wascomat 50 pounder one time and told the owner what to do to fix it.  The machine needed to be removed and re-mounted, but the owner didn't want to spend the $ to pay me to do it.  He hired another guy who came numerous times, sticking wedges and pads everywhere, to no avail.  When the machine frame got broken from the vibration, he hired that same guy to come in and weld up the frame, but still didn't re-mount it, and it shook completely apart.

After the machine owner ended up buying a new washer, he asked me if I wanted the old Wasco for parts. The company he bought the new machine from was going to charge him to haul it away.

Go Figure.

David & Jin SCHEIBECK
    Owners
    Yelm Laundry Center
    Lacey WA

• 6.  RE: washing machine makes noise

Posted 08-10-2019 13:28
    Agree with others on checking the mounting and tub first.  If my eyes are working, I saw some vibration and that's tell-tale of a mounting issue.  If you're checking the machine, do it with a full-load of clothes.  An empty machine won't won't show the symptom as clearly as fully loaded one.  On older Dexter's I've had a worn belt cause a similar noise, but my money's on the mounting.  Good luck.

Paul Kludt
    Multi Store Owner
    Lake Worth Coin Laundry
    West Palm Beach, FL

• 7.  RE: washing machine makes noise

Posted 08-10-2019 12:53
    loose or broken mounting bolt. Is the machine installed level?

BRAD SEDER
    Brad Seder Person
    Santa Rosa CA